Built in the colonial revival style in 1908 by architect Henry Haugaard, the building served as a canteen and post office during both World Wars. It has hosted many presidents along the way with Teddy Roosevelt, Harry Truman, Richard Nixon, and Gerald Ford all giving speeches at this building. It had both a bowling alley and an archery range on the premises. The building fell into disrepair in the 1980's and is now undergoing a full renovation. We are salvaging the joists out of this building and they are beautiful, fine grained 3" x 14" x 19'.